Author Mother Earth Wisdom: Previous Topic Sassafrass   

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  2:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just heard about spring-cleaning your body with sassafrass root tea. Helps excrete toxins. Hillbillies (I use the term fondly) have retained a good deal of knowledge about medicinal plants. I've also heard them praise watercress as a fantastically healthy salad green.

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2007 :  7:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard this same thing about Sassafrass but also warning that if not properly prepared and in the wrong dose it can be harmful? Do you know any more about it? I am thinking of looking at our local natural foods store for Sassafrass tea.

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  08:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This weekend, I read in the Missouri Wild Edibles book that the FDA actually banned Sassafrass root tea because a compound in the root has been found to cause liver cancer in lab rats! Maybe not so good...at least not in large doses. But I think I'll steer clear. A tea I do love is Raspberry Leaf - so good for women (with no bad side affects that I've been able to find) and a mild, good taste.

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Mother Earth Wisdom: Previous Topic Sassafrass   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000