Printer Friendly
Author Wildlife Encounters: Previous Topic Webcam encounter Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  06:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just watching the webcam of Red Lodge Mt. It is within driving distance and I really really want to go skiing there this winter :D

Anyway, as I was watching, I got sucked into pleasant memories of Skiing there in the past and wondering if the part of the Mountain that I was looking at was part that I had skiied on before.

Suddenly my eyes were sucked back to reality as I realized that the scene had changed! There was suddenly (refresh rate is 30 seconds) either a very large deer or a cow or young moose traveling across the ski slope. It was so neat. Where the web cam had taken it's picture, the animal's head was up (no antlers) and it was staring right at the camera. By the time the next picture was taken, it's head was in the trees and you could only see the rump.

The sun wasn't up yet so I couldn't see coloring. I remember seeing several moose when I was there skiing before and I wonder if this, perhaps, was a decedent of those I had seen before.

Elizaray

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  09:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How cool is that! I confess when I look at certain webcams I'm hoping some animal will be there. We use to live in Mn and would love to go up to Duluth to see the ore boats go through the canal. Sometimes I'll click on the webcam and can catch a boat going through. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  06:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to lose weight so I can fit into my ski pants! LOL

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  04:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is really cool! (the webcam part - not the ski pants part! LOL!)

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  11:45:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to find some cool webcams...I'll have to go searchin'!
(Losing weight this time of year is an EXTRA challenge...the season is urging us to pack it on. Trust me, I know...)

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Wildlife Encounters: Previous Topic Webcam encounter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000