Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Backcountry Sports
 Spring is Really in the air!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Backcountry Sports: Previous Topic Spring is Really in the air! Next Topic  

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  10:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spring is really in the air around here! Things are starting to warm up and we are getting the typical Spring time weather where it is nice one day and the freezing the next.

Sometimes that can make it hard to plan outdoor activities- but at the same time- it is wonderful to get out there and revel in the unchained power of mother nature!

What is your favorite spring time activity?

I love taking long walks where I can smell the earth awakening from winter slumber. That rich dark and alive smell that only good soil can give you.

mikesgirl
outbound

37 Posts

Sherri
Elma Washington
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  07:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just love being outdoors and noticing the first signs of spring - it's like a treasure hunt.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
outbound

37 Posts

Sherri
Elma Washington
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  07:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and of course digging in the dirt and planting my garden!
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  08:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh to SEE the dirt: ) Actually things are starting to melt quite quickly. Think we might even go camping to Palouse Falls next weekeng. Flowers might even be blooming there.JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  10:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I officially planted some things in my new front yard today! I am so excited! I have to stay up another hour or so, since Doug just went to bed, so I am going to read some about what I need to start right now for planting in the next month or so.
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  11:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, the smells! We had a good rain yesterday that just seemed to wash the world clean. It was so warm last Sunday that we played in our little creek. Yea!!

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  10:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am kindof grouchy right now. We are getting SNOWED ON! Yuck! I am ready for some spring weather! Something that will dry out the ground enough that I can dig my garden! Please!!
Go to Top of Page

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  04:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hiking & camping. I can't wait.

I did take the girls out to hike at 2 places this past week. (We were on spring break).

This morning we wake to snow.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  06:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I can finally see dirt--a little. Friday was a beautiful day and we drove south along Lake Roosevelt (Columbia River) took the ferry across and went north along the lake, had a picnic on the beach. We saw two species of early spring flowers. I thought we'd see more but it was fun to see something blooming. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  7:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alee- We got a huge wind/snow storm here last night and I think more is predicted- did you get it in Billings too?

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  11:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Elizaray, we got that storm as well and yet another Spring snow storm last/night today. Luckily it looks like the good weather is winning and it isn't bitterly cold any more. I just hope my garden sprouts didn't suffer!
Go to Top of Page
  Backcountry Sports: Previous Topic Spring is Really in the air! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000