Author Birdwatching: Previous Topic Suet Next Topic  

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  4:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been going through lots & lots of suet in my feeders this fall. Seems lots of birds that normally don't visit that feeder are fattening up for the winter. Wonder if that's a hint of what's to come this winter? Think they're bracing for a cold one?

I usually only see the woodpeckers visiting. Now it's the sparrows, finches, nuthatches, blackcapped chickadees, cardinals & of course those starlings will eat anything. I'm having to fill it every day. Along with my other feeders - but the suet is like no other year.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

katmom
outbound

12 Posts

Grace
Spokane WA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  10:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit katmom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
funny you should mention that...we too have been going threw a lot of bird seed, and even with all the rains,we get double the flocks for the morning and evening feedings...I sure hope it's not a sign of another extreme cold Winter up here in East Washington....2 record breakers in a row was tuff enough...

I'm a Gardener in need of a Dirt Manicure!
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Birdwatching: Previous Topic Suet Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000