Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Campfire Tales
 Do you ever get "lost" in the wild?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Campfire Tales: Previous Topic Do you ever get "lost" in the wild? Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  11:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't mean lost as in "I don't know where I am" type of lost but the type of lost where you you stand on the precipice of a cliff to look down at the completely wild valley below. Where the sheer beauty of the scene seems to shatter your very being and let you fly free on the winds? The kind of lost that drowns out the worry noise and buzz of electronics that our world often gives us as our normal "silence"?

I think that is my favorite feeling of all. MaryJane in her first book mentioned a feeling similar. "Springtide" when you can feel the earth slowly turning her face to the sun and waking after a winter's sleep.

I love leaning up against a tree and feeling the rough bark bite into my skin just a bit, smelling the ozone rich fresh smell of the mountains after a morning rain shower. I love watching black thunderheads roll in and lighting lace the sky with mother nature's fireworks. I love laying out on my blanket roll trying to count the stars and seeing the milky whiteness of the Milky Way painting the sky.

Being out in the wilderness sparks more of my imagination than I ever thought possible. I have gotten more "work" done on books and poems in a single evening out under the stars than ever in a closed up house or room.

Sometimes I feel like I do lose myself to the sheer power of nature and sometimes I feel more like it is me coming home, finding myself, reconnecting and recharging.

Elizaray

Ladytrapper
outbound

32 Posts

Juanita
Nova Scotia
Canada
32 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  4:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ladytrapper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh thank God for this site... I am NORMAL...I am NORMAL LOL!!
Wonderful post and so close to my heart and soul that it is almost eerie. LOL

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  9:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Juanita- I am so glad that post chimed with your soul! I so often feel as if there are no words to describe the sheer all encompassing joy/passion/love that nature so often gives to me. I love having a kindred soul that feels the same!!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  07:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YES!! A couple weeks ago, during one of our trips to the creek, I just laid down on the smooth, warm gravel at eye-level with the water and lost myself for a few precious minutes. The sun sparkling on the riffle, the spider crouched atop a stone, the smell of moist sand. Sometimes, now that I have 3 kids, I have to remind myself to "get lost," but it's one of the most critical components of my sanity for sure.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  3:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't you just love that feeling, Jen? Like you could stay grounded there for eternity and never really notice the passage of time? I love how Mother Nature can do that to us. Capturing all our worries as if in solid amber. Freezing them away from us with gentle beauty. It's the simplest and most vital meditation. A meditation of mind, body and soul.

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

CountryintheBurbs
outbound

12 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  2:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's nothing more calming than walking in nature. Whether it's camping or just roaming around in your own backyard. There's a sence of peace that overcomes you as you look at the birds sitting on their nests, or the geese watching over their babies. Backyard campfires let you sit and look up at all of the beautiful stars and relax. It's wonderful! What's even better is when you share this with a loved one!
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  3:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Tammy! Sometimes the solitude is amazing and so rejuvenating, but sharing it with a loved one that feels the same is so amazing. Sometimes that touches your soul in a whole new way!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page
  Campfire Tales: Previous Topic Do you ever get "lost" in the wild? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000